Congratulations to Shelby Glance from Tuscola High School for winning the Judd Builders scholarship and to all of the other finalists and hall of fame inductees recognized at the 58th WNC Sports Awards Banquet on Sunday, 5/19.
John Judd Sr. was honored to recognize Shelby for her accomplishments playing basketball.
The event, conducted by the Mountain Amateur Athletic Club, began in 1959. About 200 people attended the first banquet. A record crowd of 941 attended this year’s awards ceremony at the Omni Grove Park Inn.
View the WLOS article.
Budgeting for an Asheville Master Bathroom Remodel
If you had just one room in your home that you could redo, which one would it be? Bathrooms, of course, always reach the top or near the top of that list for most homeowners. That’s because a bathroom fulfills a lot of goals. It increases enjoyment while you’re actually living in the home, and it also helps to be a great selling point, if you ever decide to put your home on the market.
Of course, with any remodeling project of any size, you’re going to have to set some goals and parameters, and that can be a difficult thing to consider, especially if you don’t have any background or experience with a renovation project. Should you do it yourself, or should you hire it out? Or can you do part of it and contract out other pieces that you’re not so sure of? And how do you assemble the resources (money, yes) that you need to gather? This graphic helps to explain it.
Click to Enlarge Image
Judd Builders has been remodeling and building custom homes in Asheville since 2007. We have a North Carolina Unlimited Contractors License which allows us to take on Asheville remodeling projects no matter the size or budget. Call us today at 828-274-4448 to discuss your home remodeling project.
Pricing, craftsmanship and location are factors to consider when looking for the right builder for your new custom home. Once you’ve narrowed down your preliminary list and start to meet with Asheville home builders, ask these important questions.
1. How many years have you been in business and how many homes have you built?
2. Can I tour a home you built for a past client?
3. What type of home warranty do you provide to homeowners?
4. Who will be my primary contact during the project and how will they keep me updated on issues and progress?
5. Can you provide potential clients with references that are available to speak about their experience building with you?
6. Why is your company better than other home builders? What makes you different?
7. Will you build on land that I purchase or do you only build in planned developments?
8. Do you have a final walk-through after the home is built?
9. How and when will the final price of my home be determined?
10. Will you work with my architect or help me make changes to a house plan I found online?
There are many other important questions that you will want to ask, but this list is a good starting point. You’ll be spending a lot of time with the Asheville NC home builder you choose so be sure you feel comfortable communicating with them and have a good sense that they’re straight-forward and trustworthy. The home building process can be exciting, fun, confusing and emotional. It’s so much more than just a house. It’s an investment of time and money and usually the result of years and years of hard work. We hope this blog post will help you navigate finding a home builder that’s a good match for you. If we can help with your new custom home or home remodel, feel free to call us at (828) 274-4448.