Join one of the fastest growing home builders in Asheville and create a foundation for personal growth and future success. Judd Builders is a family-oriented, high-end custom home builder located in Arden, NC with job sites in and around the Asheville area. Our team of employees take pride in the work they do and the homes we build. You will never worry about unreliable hours or if you’ll be paid when working for Judd Builders.
Our construction crew members are vital to our success and become experts at what they do. This position is for long-term employment with opportunities for career advancement. All of our crews are expanding we are seeking individuals who are experienced, reliable, and hard working. One year of experience is preferred; however we will provide training for the right candidate.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us. Our crews typically work 4 days per week, 10 hour shifts, and over time is available and pays time + half. We offer weekly pay, paid time off, competitive compensation, and 401k match, among other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist crew leader and tradesmen in construction projects
- Help trim crews, framers, and other skilled labor when necessary
- Unload and carry materials at construction sites
- Operate and care for construction equipment
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training
- Perform site clean-up
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 1 year of construction background is preferred
- Framing and/or carpentry experience is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Knowledge of units of measurement and basic operating equipment and tools
- Proven experience as construction worker or willingness to learn new skills and master skills
- Knowledge of basic construction principles and methods
- Ability to work in a team environment, be a dedicated team player and take ownership of their work