Considering home builders in Asheville, NC for a new construction project or remodel? We hear a lot of horror stories from clients who’ve had experience with contractors lacking experience, professionalism, and expertise in handling funds. Finding a contractor can be an overwhelming process. Typically you’ve saved and saved for the project and your expectations for the builder are extremely high. Don’t take shortcuts when doing your initial research.
Pricing, craftsmanship, and location are factors to consider when looking for the right builder for your new home or remodel. Once you’ve narrowed down your preliminary list and start to meet with home builders, ask these important questions to help you find a home builder in Asheville, NC that will be a good match for you.
- How many years have you been in business and how many homes have you built?
- Who will be my primary contact during the project and how will they keep me updated on issues and progress?
- Can you provide potential clients with references that are available to speak about their experience building with you?
- Can I tour a home you built or remodeled for another client?
- Why is your company better than other home builders? What makes you different?
- How and when will the final price of my home be determined?
- Do you have a final walk-through after the home is built?
- What type of home warranty do you provide to homeowners?
It’s also a great idea to see which home builders in Asheville, NC your friends and family have dealt with directly. Ask them why their experience was good or bad. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from their experience. It’s also a good idea to check with the Asheville Home Builders Association and the Better Business Bureau.
You will be spending a lot of time with the Asheville custom home builder or remodeler you choose, so be sure you feel comfortable communicating with them. The journey of a large renovation or building a new home can be exciting, fun, confusing and emotional at times. You should feel that you have a voice and that your concerns are being addressed in a timely manner.
We hope this blog post will help you navigate the process of finding quality home builders in Asheville NC. If we can help with your new custom home or home remodel, feel free to call us at (828) 274-4448 or email email@example.com.